DPMC attorneys regularly advise clients through various permitting and regulatory processes involving local, state and federal agencies. The DMPC team has:
- Assisted in funding, design and construction of multiple infrastructure and development projects with conditions and review by third party regulatory agencies
- Negotiated the permitting and conditioning of right of way expansions which included CalTrans as well as permitting through a local transit district
- Successfully negotiated zoning exemptions, waivers and variances from land use regulations to allow for the construction of facilities and related infrastructure
- Advised on projects requiring Coastal Commission oversight as part of the Local Coastal Program and the CPUC for various municipal utility lines and regional infrastructure as well as utility franchise agreements and cell tower regulation and permitting
- Provided advice in highly-regulated areas
DPMC attorneys enjoy tackling new areas of international law, embarking on cross-border partnerships that involve Mexican law and public jurisdictions in Mexico with both the federal and state environmental processes, including applying for a Presidential Permit and drafting an agreement with the Department of State for joint federal and state environmental review. The firms’ attorneys have presented before a Mexican Congressional committee and the Northern Border Issues Committee, on the project and met with other Mexican officials as well.