Jeffery Morris, a native San Diegan, graduated from University of California, San Diego with degrees in Political Science and Economics. Jeff attended Pepperdine University School of Law. Honors at Pepperdine included serving as the Notes and Comments Editor for the Law Review and receiving the Margaret M. Brock Scholarship.
Jeff joined Stutz Gallagher & Artiano in 1988 as a litigator representing public entity clients. His practice grew to providing General Counsel services to public entities along with managing litigation for several Municipal clients. Jeff became an equity shareholder with Artiano Shinoff & Holtz and in 2016 decided to form Devaney Pate Morris & Cameron, LLP to continue to provide advisory and litigation services to all forms of Municipal and public agency organizations.
Jeff and his wife, Patty, live in Rancho Penasquitos with their two dogs, Norman and Rico. Jeff and Patty have raised two adult daughters who have flown the coup. Jeff serves as the Board Chair for the Rancho YMCA. Jeff is a lifelong Padres’ fan and remains ever hopeful that this will be their year.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 1988
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. Political Science and Economics, 1985
- Federal Court, Southern District
- Federal Court, Central District
- Board of Management of Rancho YMCA-Board Chair, 2015
- Barrister, American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter
- Master, American Inns of Court, Southwest Riverside Chapter
- 2006 Semi-Finalist for Top Employment Lawyers of San Diego (San Diego Daily Transcript)
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association, Southwest Riverside County Bar Association
- Volunteer Mentor for San Diego Teen Court
- Inland Empire Attorney – Inland Empire Magazine 2009 – 2015
- Founding President, Mt. Carmel High School Education Foundation