Wendy L. House
Having served as the Assistant City Attorney for the City of San Marcos, the Deputy City Attorney for the City of Lemon Grove and special counsel to numerous other public entities, Wendy brings her municipal and public agency law experience to Devaney Pate Morris and Cameron. She has worked in the field of emergency planning for Heartland Fire and Rescue, serving the Cities of El Cajon, La Mesa, and Lemon Grove, and assisted the Office of Homeland Security for the City of San Diego.
Wendy's practice areas include general municipal and public entity law, government relations, public contracts, the Brown Act, the Public Records Act, Fair Political Practices Commission and Political Reform Act compliance, conflicts of interest, campaign finance and elections laws, administrative law, employment and personnel matters, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, code enforcement, land use, planning and zoning, public works and prevailing wage.
Wendy graduated, with honors, from San Diego State University with dual bachelor’s degrees in Journalism and Political Science and earned her Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from Thomas Jefferson School of Law. She currently serves as a member of several professional associations and on the Editorial Board of the San Diego Lawyer Magazine.
Wendy and her husband reside in Temecula with their three young children. Together, they enjoy trips to the river, desert, camping, and coaching youth sports. In her spare time, Wendy enjoys volunteering at her children’s school and watching Steelers football.
- Municipal Law
- Government Relations
- Public Entity
- Public Contracts
- Land Use
- Public Works
- Campaign Finance and Elections
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, J.D., 2009
- San Diego State University, B. A., 2006
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, North County San Diego Bar Association
- Member, California Lawyers Association (Public Law Section)h
- Member, Riverside County Bar Association
- City Attorneys' Association of San Diego County
- San Diego Press Club, Excellence in Journalism Awards (2009)
- Editorial Board Member, San Diego Lawyer Magazine