James F. Holtz
James F. Holtz focuses on trial and appellate work in complex business and corporate litigation. He has successfully handled cases involving business and contractual disputes, real estate and environmental liability, trademark and copyright infringement, employment discrimination, ADA, product liability, personal injury, medical and pharmacist malpractice and class actions. He has tried wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases and has a specialized knowledge of medical and pharmacology issues.
Mr. Holtz has handled insurance coverage litigation for 30 years. He is an expert in all varieties of insurance and insurance broker disputes handling a wide variety of coverage disputes including commercial liability, environmental liability, director and officer liability professional liability and personal insurance. He is also an adjunct professor at California Western School of Law, where he has taught insurance law and litigation since 2001.
Martindale Hubbell has rated Mr. Holtz AV Preeminent since 1996. He has been recognized by his peers as a Super Lawyer every year since 2008. He has been listed for 20 years as a Top Rated Lawyer published by the The American Lawyer Magazine. Both selections are for "Business Ligitation". The organization of Law and Politics performs the polling, research and selection of Super Lawyers in a process designed to identify lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers is a comprehensive and diverse guide to outstanding attorneys, representing a wide rage of practice areas. Only 5 percent of lawyers in each state or region are named Super Lawyers.
Mr. Holtz is a published author for numerous articles appearing in both legal and industry publications including the Pacific Law Journal and the Insurance Journal.
- Civil Litigation
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1980
- University Wisconsin, Madison, 1975
- United States District Court for the District of California Southern, Central and Northern Districts of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the District of Nevada
- Member, San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Super Lawyers 2008 - 2022
- Top Rated Lawyers Business Litigation
- AV Preeminent peer rating by Martindale-Hubbell, California and Nevada
- San Diego Magazine's Top Lawyers
- Vegas Inc's Top Lawyers
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel Top 1% of practicing attorneys
- Adjunct Professor, California Western School of Law